We’re pleased to announce dental practices have been allowed to re-open as or May 19th!
Our community has been through significant changes over the last few months, and while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your oral health and safety.
Infection control continues to be a top priority for our practice. To insure that we are implementing current infection control standards, our practice is following infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act (WISHA). Our infection control processes are in place and up to date so that when you receive care, it’s not only safe but comfortable too.
You will notice many changes, some temporary and some permanent, when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to continue to protect you, our patients, along with our staff and community. For example:
- When confirming your appointment our staff will ask you several health screening questions. Upon arrival for your appointment, you’ll be asked those same questions again in addition to taking your temperature. If you present with a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher you will be rescheduled.
- Upon arrival for a scheduled appointment, we ask that you please call us to “check-in” and then wait in your vehicle until your dental provider is able to take you to your room. For your safety, we are trying to minimize the number of people in our reception area.
- We have added air purifiers in each room and to continuously clean the air. The filters in these units include a pre-filter, charcoal filter, HEPA filter, and finally an ionizer that remove 99.97% of airborne particles including dust, mold, bacteria and pollen.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use both when you enter and leave the office.
- We will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients by reducing the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. This scheduling change means there will be fewer options available for scheduling appointments.
- We ask that only the patient enter the office, unless they are a minor or someone in need of assistance, and that all persons wear their mask.
- Our clinical staff will be wearing additional personal protective equipment during all procedures.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, as well as others and ourselves safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 360-424-9045.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work to implement these new changes, and strive to accommodate the hundreds and hundreds of appointments we had to cancel during our shut down. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: